Updated: Nov 22
We all are super excited when we get to treat ourselves at the beauty spa. We can’t wait to go and melt on the table in the hands of an experienced practitioner.
Some of you are used to receiving skin care treatment at the beauty spa regularly. Some of you might be a bit intimidated to go since you don’t do it very often, and you don’t know what to expect.
Many of you might even think that going and treating yourself at the Beauty spa is a waste of time and money and you can perform treatment at home.
Can’t judge you for that. However, let me walk you through the process of a spa treatment and explain the benefits that you receive after it.
Getting treatment at the beauty spa is a luxury experience, hands down. In fact, seeing an experienced skincare professional is a very important step in order to achieve the best skin care goals.
1. The treatment starts with a thorough consultation and skin analysis.
A licensed esthetician analyses your skin and gives recommendations on home care products as well as updates on your current skin condition.
Based on your skin type, condition, and concern, an esthetician is planning the treatment accordingly.
Only professional-grade skincare products are used during the treatment. This is one of the big reasons why you go and get professional facial service.
Professional skincare products are usually stronger than retail products. That’s why it is important to receive treatments regularly to boost your skincare routine.
2. During the facial treatment, your skin is being thoroughly cleansed and exfoliated!
3. The next step is to prepare your face for extractions. Not everybody needs them. Extractions are performed only if your pores are clogged and blackheads and whiteheads are present.
4. After thoroughly cleaning up, your skin needs to calm down and be infused with active ingredients and nutrients. Your face is thoroughly massaged with treatment creams and serums. For the best product penetration, we spend a decent amount of time working them into the skin.
5. The next step is masking. Thoroughly picked to your skin type and concern.
Mask is a treatment product that stays on your skin for some time and then is removed. While on your skin it heals, detoxes, hydrates, nourishes or pulls out impurities. You name it! There are a lot of professional treatment masks that are used at the beauty spas! While you are masking an esthetician performs a massage on your neck, arms, and scalp. This adds up an unbelievable experience for the whole treatment service.
6. The final step is eye cream, moisturizer, and SPF if it is a day time!
Skincare treatment at a beauty spa can have either relaxation purpose or treatment of a particular problem. However, regardless of that, you leave with refreshed, rejuvenated, glowing skin.